The Rap

The Rap

The Rap is a strange story. I originally wrote it as a Norwegian traditional tune in 4/4 time. Fionnuala Sherry and I recorded a demo of it in my home studio. It was the last song that late evening and it had no title. Fionnuala said, "Let's do the wrap," and ever since the title has been The Rap. One night during the recording of the CD in Iceland, I "heard" the tune in 5/4 time in a dream. When I woke up the next morning, I was singing it the way I had dreamt it. The subconscious had been making a successful twist and all of a sudden, The Rap began to swing. We welcomed the Irish influence with the use of whistles, pipes and drums. The rhythm seems complicated, changing from 5/4 to 6/4, but I'm sure you find the melody quite natural and easy to "sing," without having to count

الموسيقى بعنوان " الضربة " للحن نقليدي نرويجي
على لسان الملحن :
" قمنا انا و Fionnuala Sherry
بتسجيل جزء صغير من الاغنية في استديو داخل منزلي
وفي المنام خُيّل الي انني استمع إلى اللحن المسجل
اضفنا عليها التاثير الايلندي كالطبول والصافرات

0 comments:

إرسال تعليق